I made a list of things to do to address my lack of preparation for Book Expo America next week. I’m not sure how far I’ll get with any of them, frankly. Work is hectic this week; we’re making a quick trip down the coast to see my mother-in-law this weekend for Mother’s Day; practical matters like laundry and packing will need to be priorities on Monday; and my flight leaves for Chicago at 7:30 AM on Tuesday (which means the shuttle is coming at 4:00). Wish me luck!
5 Ways I’m Getting Ready for #BEA2016
- Downloading the Buzz Books 2016 sampler from NetGalley, cross-referencing it with Publisher’s Weekly‘s list of “Adult Galleys to Grab”, and…
- …using both as tools to mark publishers’ booths to prioritize and possible author signings to attend in the BEA Mobile app
- Devising a schedule in the app highlighting signings, galley drops, and education sessions that interest me, with the understanding that it’s all there mainly for reference and that none of it obligatory
- Checking the weather forecast and figuring out my wardrobe–my goal is comfortable but businesslike. Since that’s also pretty much the standard for what I wear to work most days, I am fortunate to have plenty of things in my closet that fit those criteria–but coming from California, I need to make sure I remember to pack a jacket and an umbrella!
- Making sure my shoes are broken in–I’m staying at the hotel adjoining the convention center so I’m hoping the walking isn’t as extensive as it’s been when BEA was in New York City, and I’ve scored a couple of pairs of shoes that have the perfect magic mix of cute and comfortable! (Fortunately, I can take care of this at work this week.)
I’d love to have you share your tips, tricks and hints for getting ready for Book Expo!
If you liked this post, check these out:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Join 2,318 other subscribers