I was actually tagged (that never happens!) for a “Seven Random Things About Me” meme by Kiva from Eclectic Granny. I’m tagging my husband, because he really needs to get another post up soon :-).
- It’s very hard for me to come up with random facts at random; I do much better with specific questions, which is why I stole the second meme in this post.
- Since I tend to speak with a lot of emphasis, I tend to be excessive with the use of italics when I write.
- I’m also rather fond of using parenthetical phrases and asides – you may have noticed that. (Or not. But now that I’ve called attention to it, you probably will.)
- I frequently find myself constructing fairly lengthy, complex sentences with several clauses (and some of those parenthetical asides) when I write – and I’ve noticed that at times I speak that way too. I’ve also noticed that it doesn’t go over so well in general conversation, where it’s a lot more difficult to follow (and people think I’m done speaking before I am – they think I’ve gotten to the period of the sentence, and it’s really just a semicolon, or even a mere comma).
- Other favorite punctuation marks of mine are the – emdash; the semicolon; and the …ellipsis (you may have noticed that too).
- I rarely write in longhand any more – it’s almost all on computer. I’m a Mac AND I’m a PC.
- At last count, I had 265 feed subscriptions in Google Reader. That’s not as scary as it sounds, since many of them don’t update daily, or the posts are usually short…but still, it’s a lot. Yikes. No wonder I have less time for reading books these days.
This meme was stolen, which is much more common around here; I found it at Hello Ello. Here, have some more randomness.
1. What are your nicknames? Nina, Flor
2. What game show and/or reality show would you like to be on? Jeopardy!, Wheel of Fortune (with Tall Paul, during a teams/couples week), and/or The Amazing Race (which actually would be pretty amazing)
3. What was the first movie you bought in VHS or DVD? VHS? That was a LONG time ago. I think it was probably a movie for my son, when he was little – Lady and the Tramp. DVD: The Princess Bride (which should surprise no one who reads this)
4. What is your favorite scent? The aroma inside a bakery, and fresh-ground coffee
5. If you had a million dollars that you could only spend on yourself, what would you do with it? I listed ten things I would do right here.
6. What one place have you visited that you can’t forget and want to go back to? Alaska – and in another couple of years, it just might happen…
7. Do you trust easily? Why do you want to know? Are you going to take advantage? Seriously, I’m pretty cautious about that.
8. Do you generally think before you act, or act before you think? Sometimes I think about it so much I talk myself out of acting at all.
9. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days? If I talk about it, it will just make me sad inside all over again :-). Nothing major, though, so it’s really OK.
10. Do you have a good body image? Depends on the day/time of the month. It’s better than it used to be a few years ago, thank heaven and Weight Watchers.
11. What is your favorite fruit? Clementines and strawberries
12. What websites do you visit daily? These days, not very many. I subscribe to most of my addictions via RSS, so they come to me in my Google Reader. It’s much more efficient that way :-).
13. What have you been seriously addicted to lately? Trader Joe’s Popped Potato Chips and Pepperidge Farm Black-and-White Milano cookies
14. What’s the last song that got stuck in your head? Yesterday there were two of them dueling it out: “Friend or Foe” by Adam Ant and “The Weather is Here, Wish You Were Beautiful” by Jimmy Buffett. Just a couple of examples of my range of musical taste…
15. What’s your favorite item of clothing? Just one? A 3/4-sleeve red cardigan from Ann Taylor Loft that I can wear with almost everything
16. Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy? Eh, they’re OK. I’d rather have Cheerios, though
17. What would you do if you saw $100 lying on the ground? Look around furtively, then pocket it. (Hey, you probably would too, be honest!)
18. What items could you not go without during the day? A water bottle, my cell phone, my computer, the book I’m currently reading, and my car keys
19. What should you be doing right now? Several things are waiting for me in the kitchen, but I’m really thinking about a nap (I’m writing this on Sunday afternoon).
Feel free to steal – but if you have permission, is it really stealing?