It dawned on me recently that I think summer may be overrated. When you’re a kid, of course, it’s great – two and a half months of “freedom!” (Realistically, though, most middle-class families have such structured life, do many kids really even have that anymore?) But once you’re a parent, freedom for the kids can mean extra work for you…especially if you no longer live by the academic calendar yourself and have to, you know, go to work too. Adults don’t get the summer off from our responsibilities, do we? Blech.
But this week’s Ten on Tuesday topic was “10 Great Things That Happened This Summer.” For an overrated season, this was actually a pretty good summer, but since I’ve probably already blogged about most of the good stuff, I’m just going to link to some of those posts.
- The family went on the road, and we visited Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon. While I was out, The 3 R’s hosted its first guest bloggers.
- I didn’t go to BlogHerCon, but I talked about it anyway.
- I became an early contributor to the Los Angeles Moms Blog, where one of my posts was selected for national syndication during August.
- I hosted the August Bookworms Carnival.
- My husband was (finally) bitten by the blogging bug, but his affliction is nowhere near as advanced as mine is.
Well, it’s not ten things, but it’s more than ten posts, so I’m counting it.
What were some the best things about your summer?