So this happened yesterday, and I didn’t mention it here:
— Florinda PVasquez (@florinda_3rs) March 16, 2016
I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I probably wouldn’t make much of a to-do over this particular blog birthday, and I still feel that way. That said, a blogiversary always feels like a particularly appropriate time to sit back and take stock. When I realized that this blogiversary would fall just before the week-long Spring Bloggiesta, I just couldn’t pass up the timing to evaluate the State of the Blog.
I won’t have all that much time to spend on blog housekeeping during Bloggiesta week, so I’m keeping my to-do list short and kind of vague.
- Assess The 3 R’s Blog at 90 days self-hosted. I moved the blog to self-hosted WordPress just before Christmas, and I want to assess whether I want to make any changes its look and feel. I did a lot of cleanup in connection with the migration from Blogger, but there may be other features that would be good to add or things that could be streamlined or re-styled:
- I think that tags and categories still need some work
- I’m considering adding a page of favorite or “showcase” posts
- Related to “style” matters, I need to finish the Master Customizer CSS course
- Update my books and review links on LibraryThing, where my catalog still looks like 2015
- Participate in the Bookish Mastermind Groups mini-challenge (have you signed up yet?)
- Do at least one other mini-challenge–the other Spring ones aren’t posted yet, but there are plenty of great ideas from previous Bloggiestas!
Regarding that first item, I’m asking a favor: If you’re self-hosted and have features to suggest and/or plugins to recommend, please share in the comments!
I have a couple of days off right after Bloggiesta ends on March 27–I’m extending Birthday Weekend to my actual birthday on Tuesday, March 29–so I may grant myself a short extension for things I don’t quite get through before the week is out. Birthdays are also an excellent time to sit back and take stock.