Currently: Happening Now
Without planning it, I seem to be blogging in a week on/week off pattern this summer. And I think I like it. I know I like stressing less over whether and when I’ll have a post up.
Since the upcoming week will be an “on,” I thought I’d give y’all a quick update from Sunday afternoon, here at my kitchen desk.
- Right now, in the house: Laundry is in the dryer. Meatballs and tomato sauce are simmering on the stove for tonight’s dinner. Stepson is doing homework. Husband and dog are hanging out in the living room. Coming soon: Taking the dog for a walk after laundry is done.
- Reading: I have a stack of five “for review consideration” galleys from Shelf Awareness for October. I’m committed to one review per month for them, but I’d like to get two or even three done from this group. I started on the first book last night; I will read Jodi Picoult for money. I’m hoping to get back to This Is Where You Belong on iBooks shortly,
- Listening: I’m in between audiobooks for the moment. I finished Elena Ferrante’s Neapolitan Quartet last week and am still working my way out from under the book hangover–I’m half-inclined to start the whole thing over again! I’m catching up on podcasts while I decide on my next audio read. Oh, and I still have Hamilton on regular rotation, of course!
- Watching: We just finished the third season of House of Cards on Netflix and will probably start the fourth this week. It’s hard to say whether this show or real-life political theater is more off the rails these days!
Upcoming: Happening Soon
- The August edition of The Book Bridge will post on Tuesday, August 23. I really enjoy putting this feature together and truly appreciate everyone who makes it possible!
- I have a couple of days off at the end of the month. If I’m feeling the energy and inclination, I will spend some of that time working on writing a couple of essays that have been kicking around in my head for a while. If not, I’ll read.
- After reading a couple of pieces that finally made the “bullet journal” concept come clear for me, I think I’ll give the paper planner thing a whirl in September. I’m hoping I’ll be able to read my own handwriting well enough to see how it works out!