After eight years of doing this, I thought I might be able to put together a response to the special Bloggiesta request for our “best blogging advice.” For me, it all comes down to this credo:
- 3 R’s: Read, Research, Reflect. Read blogs that interest you, while noting what appeals to you about them and considering how those elements might work in your own blog.
- Comment often, acknowledge comments you receive–and if you’re not sure what to say about a post other than “read this one,” share.
- Link generously to others–and when applicable and appropriate, to your own blog archives. (See the next two items for examples.)
- Never copy without attributing quotes and crediting your sources.
- Last on the list, but first to keep in mind: Never follow any advice without first considering whether it will work FOR YOU.
“I always tell the
girlsbloggers, never take it seriously. If you never take it seriously, you never get hurt. If you never get hurt, you always have fun. And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record storeon the Internet and visit your friends.”