Many thanks to Kathleen of Boarding in My Forties for sharing the One Lovely Blog Award with me! Kathleen and I are relatively new blog acquaintances, but we’ve got a good bit in common – books and blogging, living in California, our age group – and I’m glad to have gotten to know her. If you haven’t met her yourself yet, go visit her blog and correct that oversight soon!
I’m breaking the “pass it on” rule here, but if you’d like to consider yourself awarded, please do!
New Arrivals in my Google Reader
Dispatches: Links of the Week
The long and short of life depends on where you view it
Being part of an established couple doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll love Valentine’s Day. Sort of related: if it’s really about the wedding and not the marriage, why not just acknowledge it?
Say it, or just spell it out? (As for me, I’m the wordy type.)
Sending condolences to Dreamybee and Nymeth on their recent losses of Buster and Zacarias, respectively (and my thanks to those who continue to leave consoling comments about Gypsy). On a more cheery pet-related note, go and vote for your favorite Beautiful (four-legged and furry) Babies in A Novel Menagerie‘s annual contest (through February 21).
1. Pickles will be removed from my plate and offered to someone who can actually stand them.
2. Things are quieter than they used to be at home.
3. The snow is somewhere else!! (Yes, I live in California and I am gloating. ☺)
4. Her hair was one of those colors that is never found in nature.
5. It’s 5:16 PM; that means I’ll probably be home within the next fifteen minutes. (No, I’m not blogging from the road – it was NOT 5:16 PM in my time zone when I wrote this!)
6. Time for all the things I’d like to do is hard to find.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to unwinding, tomorrow my plans include whatever comes up and Sunday, I want to celebrate Valentine’s Day with something chocolate (so I guess I’ll do some baking)! (And be glad I have the day off on Monday, too – Happy President’s Day!)
Have a great weekend!