I’ve changed the format of this post a bit – the links are at the end, so hopefully you won’t leave before you read the rest of it!
New Arrivals in my Google Reader
BlogHer.com has announced the Call for Ideas for sessions at next summer’s BlogHer’10 Conference! Do you have any to suggest? I’m mulling some over…they can be submitted until November 15!
1. It was a dark and stormy night, so I curled up on the couch and hoped the power wouldn’t go out.
2. I just don’t get why some people don’t enjoy reading, so I offered to take the books myself.
3. Rushing out, I’m almost guaranteed to forget something!
4. The coyotes must be out tonight…I think I heard a howl! (We live near an open-space reserve, where our neighbors include coyotes – who occasionally roam around the neighborhood.)
5. Shhhh… I think I hear some trick-or-treaters coming!
6. I’m starving, so please give me something good to eat!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to a workout and a quiet evening at home, tomorrow my plans include setting the clocks back and enjoying my extra hour of sleep and Sunday, I want to remember to bring the gift when I take my sister out for a birthday lunch!
Dispatches: Links of the Week(s) – two weeks’ collection for the price of one!
Is dysfunctionality in the eye of the beholder, or does everyone want to be on reality TV these days?
Speaking of dysfunctional: public schools really have MUCH bigger problems this this (but that still doesn’t exempt students from following their rules)
Speaking of schools: school-bus safety and cell phones don’t mix!
Speaking of buses: this would be one memorable ride
Manners are manners: 21st-century “mobile etiquette” isn’t all that new and different
This probably isn’t the last word regarding the FTC guidelines and review disclosures, but it does help clarify a lot; perhaps this will too
My kid got them in first grade from his friend’s baseball cap – have the lice come home with your kid yet? Regarding more appealing animals: now here’s a catfight! Regarding kids and animals: why dogs really aren’t “practice” children
Does the Halloween Fairy visit your house, leaving toys in exchange for candy?
A working digital camera made from Legos? I think a couple of boys in my family just found one more thing for their Christmas lists!
The thing I did NOT need to learn this week (and you probably don’t need to either, but I had to share anyway!)