Thanksgiving, or as it’s popularly known, “Turkey Day,” – unless you’re my son, and you call it “Gorgefest” – is next Thursday (unless you’re Canadian and you celebrated it last month). It seems like the right time for Ten on Tuesday to broach the topic of “10 Things You’re Thankful For This Year.”
The big things – my husband and family, my health, a roof over our heads, continued employment – are the things I try to appreciate every day, and that I’m thankful for every year. Therefore, I think I’m going to devote this list to some of my smaller, although no less significant and meaningful, appreciations. In no particular order, as you will probably be able to tell:
- The people who make me laugh – my husband and my sister are on the top of that list
- Our new house – home for the next eighteen months, and hopefully longer
- Literacy. I cannot imagine my life without the ability and opportunity to read and write.
- My tenth anniversary with my dog! She still doesn’t look, or really act, close to her age, either.
- The opportunity to expand my writing outlets, and get to know some terrific women, through the Los Angeles Moms Blog
- My new favorite radio station
- Everyone who reads here, whether a subscriber or a sometime visitor, and especially those of you who take the time to comment!
- The change that has come to America – while it might not turn out to be to everyone’s liking, it will be different, and hopefully will move us in a more positive direction
- Even though there were times when I really wanted to, I didn’t give up on myself when I turned 40 – almost halfway through that decade, it’s shaping up as one of my very best!
- While I’m NOT thankful that he won’t be with us for Christmas, I am very glad my son made the almost-last-minute decision to come to California for Thanksgiving! (I’m also thankful he has a good job and can afford the plane tickets :-D.) It will be a short visit, but better than not seeing him at all this year!
Are you working on your own “thankful” list? I’d love to have you share some of the things on it in the comments!