Tuesday Thingers 8/26 (hosted by The Boston Bibliophile)
Teaser Tuesdays (Aug.26) (hosted at Should Be Reading)
Teaser Tuesdays asks you to:
Grab your current read. Let the book fall open to a random page. Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12. You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given! Please avoid spoilers!
My Teaser for this week is actually going to come from Page 123 of the selected book, since Tanabata tagged me for the 123 Meme last week, and I’ve been intending to alternate that with Teaser Tuesday anyway.
I’m currently reading My Husband’s Sweethearts by Bridget Asher, and I’ve already given a Teaser from that, so I’m not going to do Page 123 from the same book. Instead, I’ll use the book that’s next on the stack, a review copy of Don’t You Forget About Me by Jancee Dunn.
Vi had a “girl” in midtown who had maintained her trademark coif for the past three decades. Once I joined Vi on her weekly trip to “Ilsa of New York” and met Ilsa herself – a “girl” of fifty-two. I inquired about Ilsa’s additional salons – the “of New York” implied that there were others – in Gstaad, perhaps, or Monte Carlo.
If you’re anything like me, one of your favorite reasons to read is for the story. Not for the character development and interaction. Not because of the descriptive, emotive powers of the writer. Not because of deep, literary meaning hidden beneath layers of metaphor. (Even though those are all good things.) No … it’s because you want to know what happens next?Or, um, is it just me?
Friday Fill-Ins #87 (hosted by Janet of Fond of Snape)
This week Michelle provided most of the questions; thank you, Michelle! And…here we go!
1. When I’m sick I’m one of those annoying people who (usually) goes to work anyway.
2. When I take a walk, I think about making sure I keep my dog from getting into things that she shouldn’t.
3. Money can’t buy happiness but it can buy a lot of things to distract you from your unhappiness.
4. Cotton makes me think of lightweight summer dresses and leather makes me feel sorry for cows (I eat meat, but I try not to wear it).
5. The strangest person/character I’ve had lewd thoughts about was …I’m not about to tell you THAT!.
6. My favorite color these days is purple because it looks good on me (and it’s my husband’s favorite color besides).
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to either a quiet evening at home with the family or a trip to Target, tomorrow my plans include a trip to CityWalk and dinner with friends at Benihana and Sunday, I want to score higher than a 75 when we go bowling with my sister’s family!
I’m not sure what we’ll be doing on Monday. What are your plans for the big summer-sendoff three-day weekend?