“Love, love, love…” Everybody sing!
This week’s Ten on Tuesday topic, “10 Things You Love About Your Life,” seems designed to force positive thinking, and that’s pretty positive in itself. For once, I’m going to try to limit myself to a simple list without a lot of editorializing; let’s see if it works.
- The people I share it with, my husband and the kids (and my dog, even though she’s not “people”)
- Maybe this should be 1A: being in a relationship where we feel so well-matched and right for each other. It came a little later in life, but was worth waiting for!
- Seeing my son making a successful transition into post-college adult life (and keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way!)
- Living in the same town as my sister (with her family) and my dad – it took over 20 years for that to happen again, and it’s 3000 miles away from where we were the last time, but it makes so many things better
- Living in the 21st century – while it certainly has its problems, I wouldn’t trade it for the so-called “good old days”
- Being in good health
- Liking what I see in the mirror! My forties have actually been pretty good to me so far.
- Somewhat related to #6: reaching a place in my life where I don’t feel like the best years are over, but instead I’m appreciating (almost) every day and looking forward to seeing what’s next
- Good friends, new and old, offline and online
- So many books waiting to be read! (and so little time…)
OK, so I didn’t editorialize too much, at least by my own parenthetical standards.
So, what are you loving about your life these days? Care to share? If you’re visiting from Ten on Tuesday and you’ve played this week, please leave a link to your post in your comment.
Since Tuesdays are brought to you by the number 10, it seems like a good time to bring back the iPod Random Ten, formerly appearing on Fridays, but now back from vacation and relocated to a new time slot.
My current favorite playlist is called “Great Big Mix-up.” It combines my main playlist with Tall Paul’s main one, and is approaching 1500 songs. Let’s see which 10 come up next, and how random they turn out to be….
“Television Lights,” Marshall Crenshaw, I’ve Suffered For My Art…Now It’s Your Turn
“Foreplay/Long Time,” Boston, Boston
“Ricky,” “Weird Al” Yankovic, “Weird Al” Yankovic’s Greatest Hits
“If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out,” Cat Stevens, Cat Stevens Classics
“Rush Rush,” Blondie, Once More Into the Bleach
“O What a Thrill,” The Mavericks, What a Crying Shame
“Question,” Rhett Miller, The Believer
“I Don’t Trust Myself (With Loving You),” John Mayer, Continuum
“Call and Answer,” Barenaked Ladies, Disc One: All Their Greatest Hits
“I Hate Myself for Losing You,” Kelly Clarkson, Breakaway