10 Things at Random…
- If you are hearing the title of this post sung to you along the melody line of “Ten Duel Commandments,” welcome to my brain.
- I was elected to the board of directors of my condo association a couple of months ago. There’s a lot of emailing involved. I was very tempted to sign off on an exchange yesterday with “I have the honor to be your obedient servant.” I resisted because I was afraid of being taken literally.
- (Yes, the late-blooming Hamilton obsession is alive and well, why do you ask?)
- We all know that 2016 has been a year of upheaval and unrest. There are so many things going on in the world right now that warrant being taken seriously. Our upcoming Presidential election certainly should be one of them. That said, I can’t tell you how ridiculously happy this makes me.
- Also making me happy: I have a two-day work week ahead, followed by a four-day staycation that will last through next Monday.
- My plans for those four days off are a whole lot of Not Much. (The weekend that falls in the middle of it looks busy, though.)
- I do have one book-related project on the agenda, which is updating my sorely neglected LibraryThing catalog. Other than that, I’ll certainly be reading, probably writing, possibly cooking (since I’ll have time) and taking Winchester for long morning walks around the neighborhood (to work off the cooking).
- The other project for the week ahead is putting together the first edition of The Book Bridge! Thank you to everyone who shared the books that most excited them last month–I’m really excited about sharing those with all of you! And keep your eyes peeled–submissions to open for next month’s edition will open in early August.
- So far, I have managed to resist the lure of Pokemon Go. Paul tells me I don’t have time for it, and I think he’s probably right…but I may cave at some point, just like I did with Hamilton. In the meantime, I’m having fun helping him catch them.
- The title of this post was a lie–I don’t really have ten things. But I do have some cute pictures of Winchester.
Tell me some things that you’re up to!