1. Ooooh, I have just over a week left wearing the Ultrasling!.
2. The Academy Awards-related street-closure traffic jam around my office – I can’t stand it!
3. How the heck did I end up with so many books in TBR Purgatory?
4. The orthopedist’s office is NOT one of my favorite places to visit.
5. I’m not a helpless one-armed invalid, I’m not!
6. If it’s covered in chocolate it has to be good.
If your female Facebook friends have been posting “fruity” status messages lately, here’s why:
We are playing a game. Someone proposed that we GIRLS do something special on Facebook to help with Breast Cancer Awareness. Last year it was about writing the color of the bra that your were wearing in your Fb status and it left men wondering for days why the girls had random colors as their status. This year it has to do with your relationship status. You will state where you are, by posting one of the codes below…(relationship status to be signified by a fruit)
I’m not listing the codes, because I’m not playing. I understand that this is well-meant, but in the name of Breast Cancer Awareness, I’m referring you to WhyMommy and her response to last year’s game, and recommending you read that instead. And if you’d really like to help the cause, join the Army of Women.
An author’s reflection on the difference a day makes – when it’s the day Borders declares bankruptcy
Guess what? Library users and book buyers…are often the very same people
Is it the book – or the reviewer – that determines whether or not you read a review?
For your consideration: a list of the 20th century’s Great American Novels, one per year
If you’re a stickler for reading the book before you see the movie, here’s your 2011 reading list