ANNOUNCEMENT: POSITIONS AVAILABLE for Guest/Substitute Bloggers!
I got a gratifyingly good response to my invitation to guest bloggers during my vacation last summer, and as I have something coming up later this month that will probably take me off-blog for a couple of weeks, I thought I’d put it out there again.
- One-time opportunity for guest contributors to The 3 R’s Blog during my upcoming recovery from shoulder surgery, which is scheduled for Friday, January 21.
- Must be available between January 24 and February 4, 2011
- Must be able to write an engaging blog post for a diverse audience (book bloggers, mom bloggers, other niche bloggers, niche-less bloggers, and non-bloggers – women and men, various ages and cultural backgrounds)
- Posts must be original, but do not have to be new – previously published/archive posts are fine, as long as there is no question of copyright
- Post topic must be appropriate for this venue. Examples: book reviews and discussions, entertainment and popular culture, community and social media, current events, family and relationships, personal reflections, travel, food
- Must adhere to editorial guidelines of venue’s ad network, BlogHer Publishing: no sponsored content or product reviews (books/movies are allowed), no inappropriate language
- If posting a review, must comply with FTC guidelines/Blog With Integrity principles regarding disclosure of source of item
- Prior blogging experience is useful, but not required
- Authors are welcome!
- No memes, please!
- Exposure to a new/different audience, in whole or in part; this blog has close to 600 subscribers at present
- Opportunity to write on a topic of your choice that may vary from or not fit in with the usual content on your own blog
- Cross-promotional opportunity, unless you choose to write on an unusual-for-you topic (see above) and don’t really want your regular readers to find it
FYI: I won’t be completely off the grid and I do plan to pre-schedule a few posts of my own, but I’d love to share this space with some other writers so I can spend some time off-line, focused on recovery. I will have my right arm in a sling for six weeks..and while I have learned to type left-handed, it’s probably better for my overall healing if I don’t do too much of it. Anyway, if you’re open to doing some blog-sitting for me, please let me hear from you!