Posting in general may be lighter than usual next week, period, since I’ll be focused on preparing posts and doing behind-the-scenes stuff to get ready for Armchair BEA the week after next (May 25-28). My non-blogging life (I sort of have one – who knew?!) is in a pretty busy phase right now as well, so if I can get away with a little slacking around here, that’s my plan. Of course, you know how I am about plans, especially when they involve cutting back on blogging, so we’ll see what actually happens – I just like to give y’all a heads-up when I may be around less than usual.
And on that note…one month from today, my family will be heading off to Washington DC for the first leg of our East Coast vacation! We’ll be there for five days, and then take the train to New York City to spend another five days there. I intend to schedule some posts in advance for those two weeks, but that’s another time when I’ll be around less than usual, so I thought I’d throw this out there now – is anyone interested in guest-posting here during June? I will probably make an official pitch closer to the time, but you can start thinking about it now – and e-mail me at 3.rsblog AT Gmail DOT com if you’d like to discuss it!
Dispatches: Links from Across the Blogiverse this Week
Facing up to the fact that you just can’t be good at everything
If your Twitter follows disappear, do you still exist? Speaking of disappearing: five criteria for purging feeds from your Google Reader (just don’t use them on me, please!)
1. The roundest knight at King Arthur’s round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.
2. I thought I saw an eye doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned out to be an optical Aleutian .
1. I just had dinner, and I’ll get some dessert after I post this!
2. I have no idea what that is.
3. The third sentence on the 7th page of the book I’m reading: “He was all Fantastic Four wrapped into one; and his most death-defying mission was messing with Geoff, my older, bound-for-college brother.” (from The Heart is Not a Size, by Beth Kephart)
4. Hearing about new books tickles my fancy.
5. I was walking up the stairs when I remembered what I forgot, so I had to walk back down the stairs.
6. My husband’s laugh makes me laugh!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to vegging, tomorrow my plans include seeing Iron Man 2 (and writing up a review if I have anything to say about it!) and Sunday, I want to spend some time getting a dedicated blog set up for Armchair BEA!
Have a great weekend!