I haven’t done one of these in a while, but they don’t require much typing. I also didn’t have a post already scheduled for today, and that hasn’t happened for a while either…and hence, convergence!
But since I haven’t really been here for a few days, how about another sort of “fill-in” first?
My shoulder surgery was a week ago today, and by my own estimation, I’m not doing badly. I’ll still be recuperating at home for at least another week, but I’ve been able to scale back to Advil and off the prescription pain meds during the last couple of days. I’m slowly becoming able to do more things for myself – left-handed, of course – and although I’m not feeling up to writing much just yet, I’ve been online a bit. I’ve been reading a lot too, as I’d hoped, especially after the first few days. I see my doctor for a post-op exam on Monday morning; at that time, I think they’ll be taking all the tape off the incisions, and I’ll see what he has to say about my healing. I haven’t left my house in a week, and I’m actually OK with that…which should probably scare me a little, but it mostly doesn’t.
1. Up on the housetop, reindeer pause…out jumps good old Santa Claus…(Yes, I know it’s no longer “the season.” Told you I haven’t been getting out much.)
2. If I stay home, I might not catch that bug that’s going around.
3. Coats and scarves, mittens and boots: don’t need ANY of them if I’m not going out – and when I DO go out, it’ll be in Southern California, so I STILL won’t need them! #weathergloating
4. I wouldn’t mind a nice back rub, but it had better wait till my arm’s out of this sling.
5. I’m thinking about how soon my arm will be let out of this sling!
6. A cup of hot chocolate would be tasty right now, even if it’s NOT that cold out.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to hanging out with the family, tomorrow my plans include the Battlestar Galactica series finale on DVD and Sunday, I want to read and not do much else! (Recuperation from surgery is not a time for exciting activities.)
Have a great weekend!