- My birthday (March 29), which will be a three-day weekend for me (who wants to ruin their birthday with working?)
- The end of my Lenten Book-Buying Ban!
- Taking my husband to his first book signing (Christopher Moore at Vroman’s, April 9)
- The LA Times Festival of Books! (April 24-25) (Let me know if you’re going – plans for a meet-up are in the works!)
- The Lost series finale (May – not that I’m glad to see it end, but I’m anxious to see how it ends)
- Ending Spring and welcoming Summer on the East Coast during our family vacation to Washington, DC and New York City (June)
What are you anticipating this Spring?
Dispatches: Links of the Week
Why parents need to remember they’re raising social creatures, or “life’s too short to pretend to like other people’s overly-entitled children.” Speaking of children, and not being children: why life really isn’t “high school” after high school
A parking garage and a sense of safety
When everyone’s talking, is anyone still listening? Listen to this: not every mom blogger is working on her brand. And it’s still Women’s History Month, so listen to this reflection on feminism and blogging (“mom” and otherwise)
It’s the fundamental question in this space: Why blog? What’s your answer?
If you read Monday’s post (in which I went with the “flow”), my most recent contribution to the LA Moms Blog will sound familiar (but not exactly the same)
1. Today I will be hoping to be left alone so I can actually get some work done!
2. You say “Let’s go get some coffee” and I say “Why not?”
3. What do you think of when you hear the word “legendary”?
4. At Starbucks it’s Free Pastry Day til
10:30 Friday noon on Tuesday, March 23! (Really – it’s true!)
5. People say that what we’re all seeking is peace, love, and understanding (and what’s so funny about that?)
6. The image I cherish most is the whole family together at Christmastime.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to an evening at home, tomorrow my plans include trying to finish reading The Sparrow, and Sunday, I want to find out where we’re taking my dad for his birthday dinner!