This is Carly‘s first week co-hosting the Weekend Assignment with Karen, and she’s come up with prompt near and dear to book-loving hearts:
“Sounds easy, right? Oh, but hold on, there is a catch here folks! The book you are famous for writing must be from a genre that you aren’t known for. As an example, if you really enjoy writing horror stories, make this assignment about a romance novel or a biography, or anything other then you usually relate to. If you don’t dabble in writing very often, no worries, simply come up with a title for your fictional book from the genre you read the least.”
Enough procrastinating! Here’s my bestseller:
“If the breeze were blowing off the river, it would be as languid as Renata Jane was feeling that afternoon, but apparently it was even less ambitious than she was. There was not even a hint of a thunderstorm brewing in the west on that July day – it was just hot. There was nothing for it other than to lie on the wicker chaise under the ceiling fan and let her thoughts drift to that last evening she had spent with Tyler. That had been a hot one, too.”
1. Please post your entry no later than Wednesday evening (Feb.17) at 9:00 PM ET. I will be closing the assignment at that time, and no additional links will be accepted after that time.
2. Please provide a link back to the your assignment response in comments here. (NO HYPERLINKS!) Because I will be sending your links to Karen for posting with her assignments, I need your link typed out, rather then put into a hyperlink. Doing so will save me a little work, and is very much appreciated! (Feel free to display the logo below, along with the link, so other folks can find the assignment and participate along with us.)
3. Don’t forget to come back here with the link to your entry.
4. If you can, please be sure to visit your fellow participants. Let’s encourage each other!
5. Please encourage your readers to join us. The more the merrier… right?