I held off on committing for the longest time, but this is my official Declaration of Intent to participate in the Spring 2014 edition of Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon this Saturday, April 26.
My participation will be fairly casual because I didn’t clear my calendar for the day, but here’s my general plan:
- Get up and read for a couple of hours (my local start time is 5 AM), posting brief updates here and on Twitter at the beginning and end.
- Break for a few hours to take care of weekend errands.
- Return to reading after I get home and spend most of the afternoon with the books. I will post brief updates here and on Twitter when I start and end, with possible interim check-ins on Twitter only.
- Break for dinner and some evening time with my very patient husband.
- Return to reading later in the evening for as long as I can stay awake. Any updates during the late reading session will be posted only on Twitter.