Well, it’s past halfway, I’m afraid, and I’m late with the Mid-Event Survey, but I didn’t want to post an update until I actually finished a book!
1. What are you reading right now? I just finished The Wilder Life: My Adventures in the Lost World of Little House on the Prairie by Wendy McClure. I think I’ll switch to fiction next: Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok.
2. How many books have you read so far? Just one, sadly, but it was from beginning to end. I don’t expect to finish my second, though. Oh well!
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I’m not sure, really. I was very happy with my first choice, but I wasn’t really dead-set on reading anything in particular this time around.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? I took the day off from work yesterday to get my weekend errands done, but that was about it.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Only self-created ones – Twitter and my ongoing Words With Friends games :-). My cheerleading shift doesn’t count as an interruption, and my family knew to leave me alone today.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? That it took me so long to read just one book – the longest ever, I think. I’m glad I ticked a review book off the list, but I think my usual YA-centric Readathon strategy is probably more effective from a “reading productivity” standpoint.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? We don’t have to wait for next year, do we?! What about the fall? I think it’s running pretty well, actually.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? See my answer to #6 :-). And I think it’s gone better when I’ve had a couple of books that I’m really excited about specifically set aside for the Readathon.
9. Are you getting tired yet? I’ve been tired, fought it off, and will probably get tired again in a few hours!
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Encourage your family to leave you alone for at least a few hours!