I’ve come across a couple of tell-about-yourself memes that I thought might combine well into one post. The “20 questions” meme comes via Kathy Howe; the “5 questions, 4 answers” meme was in an e-mail from my sister. If you choose to play either or both, leave me a comment and let me know (a link might be nice, too! :-D).
Via e-mail from my sister:
Rules: Remove 1 question from below, and add in your personal question, make it a total of 20 questions, then tag 8-10 people in your list, list them out at the end of this post. Notify them in their chat box that he/she has been tagged.
1. At what age do you wish to marry?
I did it when I was 19. I did it again when I was 42, and I don’t have any wish to do it a third time – this had better be it!
2. What color do you like most?
On me? Red or purple. In general, red, but not so much in the orange-y or pink-y shades.
3. Where is the place that you want to go the most?
Any place that Tall Paul wants to go, because I know I’ll have a good time if he’s there. Hopefully, he’ll want to go back to Memphis for some barbecue.
4. Which part of you do you hate the most?
“Hate” is a pretty strong word – can we interpret this as “Which part would you most want to change?” That would be my height. 5 more inches – that would get me just past 5 feet tall, which would still be short, but not “wow, you’re short” short.
5. When you encounter a sad moment, what would you do?
Get choked up, maybe teary, and somber – I don’t usually know what to say.
6. What are you afraid to lose the most?
My wedding rings and my contact lenses. But even more than those, my family and my friends.
7. If you win $1 million, what would you do?
Come back for my Ten on Tuesday post on the 29th – that’s this week’s prompt!
8. What’s your wish for the year ahead?
I’d like to stop being perpetually behind at work (I’m working on this one, and it’s getting a little better, slowly), I’d like to write more, and I’d like to have more people read my blog.
9. How did you celebrate the New Year?
We watched the ball drop in Times Square at 9 PM – midnight in New York. It counts! – then went to bed with our books. We actually stayed up till midnight – Chicago time.
10. Till now, what is the moment that you regret the most?
I can’t single out one, but there are a few from the decline of my first marriage that I’d prefer not to talk about.
11. Which type of person do you hate the most?
I can’t tolerate intolerance.
12. What is your ambition?
To rack up some of those blogging awards this year (it’s up to you, readers!).
13. If you had one wish what would you wish for?
Enough money not to need money, so I could work at what I want to do (I might even figure out what that is…).
14. Name one of your body parts your hubby or boyfriend tells you he adores:
My smile. And it’s not a body part, but he likes how I giggle.
15. What is the best gift you can give someone this year?
A motorcycle for my husband. Assuming I get that million dollars, that is…
16. List two of your Top Ten New Year’s Resolutions.
“Playing tourist” on weekend outings with my husband every couple of months, and watching my weight (hopefully, not going back up!) without Weight Watchers.
17. What is your favorite thing to do when you have nothing to do? (This is the question I added)
Assuming that ever happens…My husband would probably expect me to say “doing blog stuff on my MacBook” these days, but no – the answer’s still “reading.” (Books, that is, not on my computer.)
18. What are the Top 2 things that you are most thankful for the year 2007 that made you even happier for 2008?
Tall Paul and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary last fall, and I became part of the blogging community.
19. In this very moment, are you doing what you thought you’d be doing at this stage in your life?
Mostly, yes. I had to take some detours to get here, though.
20. What show do you most enjoy watching on TV these days?
Ask me after this Thursday when Lost comes back! Thanks to the writers’ strike, I’m watching less and less TV, and I’d really hate to have American Idol be my answer to this question.